Friday, February 6, 2009

Sick

I have been so incredibly sick this last week- with bronchitis and just plain homesick :( I just had an hour long phone call that was soooo needed from one of my closest and oldest friends from back home. It is so funny how she always texts me when I am thinking about her!! I got an adorable pic text from her of her 2 yr old daughter, and it floored me that I had just been thinking that she would be so proud of me today since I just got home from making sugar cookies from scratch at Sarah's. I have never made sugar cookies...which is something that is so very "Kim." I met Kim when I moved into an apartment that she shared with Maren and another mormon girl, and I can honestly say that she was the 1st mormon that I had ever met that was always fun to be around, good clean fun. She makes being a good person (per LDS standards) look so darn easy!!! She is an awesome baker (made my brothers wedding cake!!), she sews and is one of the best moms I know (for someone that was afraid of having ugly babies has the 2 most beautiful children!!). Looking back on the memories that Maren, Kim and I made back at our apt on Higley brings so many great times to mind, however I was always the odd man out at the apt (not intentionally or in a bad way)...I wasnt born and raised mormon so I wasnt familiar with what was considered 'normal' and 'routine' behavior. I didnt make peach cobbler...shoot I dont think I even owned any type of baking paraphernalia. So when I texted Kim back saying that I was helping to make sugar cookies and that I got a sewing machine for Valentines Day she immediately called (I guess to make sure that someone wasnt playing with my phone since those are two things that are not what come to mind when you think of me...). She had me cracking up the entire time, regardless of the wheezing and coughing I am so grateful for the call. It makes me realize what wonderful friends I have old and new and that I am so lucky to have them in my life.

1 comment:

Jill Garrison said...

That was both of us. We were headed to Shilder to check out a little joint to eat at.
So did that house come up for rent again?
I hope it works out, moving sucks!
We are doing as well as we can at this time :)